What to Expect
We appreciate your spa-thusiasum, loyalty and patience, and are looking forward to welcoming you back to iwa Spa! We have been working diligently on our re-opening plan to comply with all government directives and respective health authorities in order to re-open safely for our team & guests.
We will be opening JULY 2nd, 2020
Please keep reading to have a better understanding about what to expect.
WHAT WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE
- Living our WHY: Inspiring Wellness Always
- Flawless Health Inspections 5 Years Running
- All surfaces and tools are cleaned with medical grade cleaning products
- Stainless steel pedicure basins and tools for thorough medical grade sterilization
- Bed linens are commercially laundered using a WHO Approved Thermal Disinfecting Process
- Handwashing sinks in every treatment room/area
- Hand sanitization stations throughout the spa
- Regular deep cleaning
- Complimentary use of jinbei robes and slippers
- Limiting the number of people in the spa and providing more time between appointments to allow more physical distancing
- Additional Entrance: Slope Side Entrance (closest to North Face) for spa treatment check-in. Street Side Entrance (original entrance) for retail, yoga and spa service check-out.
- Directional signage throughout the spa for a one way traffic flow
- Spa experience time increased – all appointments are now 60 minutes
- Massage and facial treatments now include 30 minutes of time in our Ganban Volcanic Rock Therapy Sauna to give you an immersive spa experience from head to toe
- Dedicated post-treatment lounge area
- Use of lockers and showers temporarily unavailable
- A basket will be provided for personal belongings to be carried with you throughout your spa visit
- In addition to what’s already covered in the field of their respective educations, all of our team have completed the following training courses: (1) IPAC (Infection Prevention and Control) Certified through Public Health Ontario (2) Barbicide COIVD-19 Certification (3) PREempt Salon & Spa Disinfectant Education
- Face masks for all spa guests
- Temperature checks and wellness assessments for our team
- Face masks and in some cases additionally a face shield for service team members
- More hand sanitization & hand washing stations throughout the spa
- Increasing sanitization of high touch points
- Elimination of product samples and loose changeroom amenities (ie cotton balls, qtips)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Appointment must be booked in advance (online or by phone)
- Self-assess and stay home if you are symptomatic
- Wear a face mask
- Complete your health history form online before arriving
- Come alone or only with others who have a spa appointment
- Bring a water bottle
- Use credit or debit cards for contactless payment
- Read your appointment confirmation thoroughly to know what to expect
- Please contact us with any questions – it’s a new process for all!
STAGE 1 of our re-opening will be for RMT Massage, Relaxation Massage & Pedicures
STAGE 2 for facial services and yoga classes will be available as soon as we have government clearance!